Wednesday, June 02, 2010

A Great Vacation

We're back from a wonderful trip. 10 days of swimming, 4-wheeling, boating, camping, eating out, and hanging out. I missed my bed, but otherwise it's a little hard to be back. It was so great to see friends and family again. Now begins the Summer and the long, hot pregnant days. I'm about 30 weeks along, although I've lost exact count, so we're into the final stretch - literally. :)

We went to the zoo with some cousins on the first day there. I think my kids' favorite animals in every zoo we visit are always the statues. I guess if the real animals let you climb all over them, they'd like those best.




Kelly and I had planned to attend the temple, but decided to make it a family outing and just visit temple square. Benjamin spent hours watching every single video the visitor's center offered while Bella went around chatting up all the sister missionaries, never tiring of hearing how cute she was.


Riding the 4-wheelers in the mountains by Richfield. What a beautiful area. Would have much rather explored it on foot, but you can't deny the boys their machinery. Benjamin told me that he'd rather ride with Daddy because he's "cooler." I guess that's what I get for being far more cautious on a vehicle that could potentially roll on top of me.



We also went boating/water skiing in the freezing cold water. I love the little snarl Benjamin has started making any time he doesn't really want his picture taken. He was busy concentrating on driving the boat and I'm making him say "cheese." Mothers, what a pain! ;)




Seeing friends and family was, of course, the highlight of the trip. Benjamin had a great time playing with so many new friends and their new toys and at new playgrounds. He seemed to get along best with the girls. In each new group I'd find him laughing and running around, and even occasionally condescending to play Barbies, with whichever similar-age girl was in the house. Although, he was introduced to the super-soaker and now cannot stop talking about it. I think I have his birthday present in mind. Bella loved all the new shoes she got to try on. Everywhere we went, she'd tear off her shoes and socks and try on whatever she could find. After we got home I got out several pairs of shoes that we've been given that don't quite fit her yet just so she didn't go into withdrawal! Thanks to everyone we got to visit and who helped make this trip a great one.




No comments: