Friday, July 30, 2010

We Love Water

I have written before about my kids' love of water. Being pregnant in July/August has helped me to see the appeal. This week alone we've been to the splash park, played in the sprinklers at a friend's house, played in the river at the park, and gone swimming at the gym. Pretty much every day we've come home wet. So lovely. I wonder what I'd do if my kids didn't like water! I guess that's what air conditioning is for. But that's just not nearly as fun as feeding the ducks, watching Benjamin walk hand in hand with a friend in the river, or spinning endlessly on the tire swing.




Cute story about Bella in the pool: Benjamin was playing and jumping on my back and dragging me down under the water. I let him do it a few times but then it started to become annoying and a bit painful, so I asked him to stop. He was having too much fun, though, and kept doing it. After doing it once or twice more while I protested, Bella grabbed my hand and screamed at him, "Stop Ben-min, that's my mommy!" and tried to pull me free. So adorable. I'm glad I have an advocate in her.

As for the pregnancy, although I feel plenty huge, apparently I'm several centimeters smaller than they'd expect at this point, so I get to have a fifth ultrasound next week to make sure there's still enough fluid around the baby. Last week's ultrasound showed that everything was fine, but I guess they want to be sure. I'm not complaining. I never get tired of seeing what my baby looks like - even if he resembles a blobby black and white alien child at this point. Those little foot and hand images are so fun.

No comments: