Friday, October 01, 2010

Christian's Day

Because this whole week was all about the older kids (as is every week), today I made it Christian's Day. Today we stayed home all day and allowed Christian to live on his own schedule for once. What an incredibly pleasant baby he is when he's not being woken up several times/day or being forced to wait for his milk while we sit in traffic on the freeway for an hour. I was able to feed him when he got hungry and immediately lay him down when he got drowsy and he never cried all day. He smiled and even laughed all throughout the day and we had a wonderful time giving him a bath, playing with him, and cuddling with him. Benjamin also wanted to take some pictures. This is my favorite, followed closely by his picture of Bella (actually smiling!) and his self-portrait.



School, gymnastics, swimming, etc all make a day like this impossible the other days of the week, but maybe Fridays will be Christian's day for a while. It was sorely needed.

1 comment:

Megan said...

What a great idea to have an at-home day and focus on Christian's needs! I'm always trying to figure out what the right balance is between meeting Sandy's social/on-the-go needs and Abby's quiet time/napping needs. I like your idea.

One thing I've been doing is a playdate exchange ... Two mornings a week I take Sandy to someone's house and leave her there and then Abby and I have 2 1/2 hours home by ourselves. There are 5 moms and 8 kids (ranging from 1 to 4 and not counting Abby), so we each have all the kids at our house once every 2 1/2 weeks. It's been a lifesaver!

I like the new haircut! Bill wants to know what Kelly thinks about it.