Monday, October 15, 2012

Soccer Fun

This past Saturday was the last day of our fall soccer season.  It has been really fun.  I was Bella's coach and I have to say that it is a riot coaching 3 and 4 year olds!  They are so funny!  There's the one or two kids who are totally into it and do all the work and then there is the rest of the team that's an absolute comedy act out there - kicking it away from their own team members, shooting on the wrong goal, watching motionless as the ball bounces into their legs and rolls away, throwing the ball in right onto someone's head, sitting down on the field to chew their mittens, running out of bounds with the ball and just going and going and going as parents and coaches chase after them.  Of course, there's also the pack mentality - no concept of positions - just move as a mob around the field chasing the ball.  I had a great time.  They are really the sweetest kids, though, too.  We had a great time practicing our skills and playing all sorts of fun games and drills.  I was sad to see the season end.  I've signed up to be Benjamin's coach next season, though, so I'm excited for that.  Bella has decided to take a break from soccer for a bit.  It works out great for me because that was the one down-side to coaching Bella's team - that I never got to watch Benjamin play.







This past week we also went pumpkin picking and rode ponies at the barn.  Then we made our first jack-o-lanterns of the season.  Bella was very precise in telling me what she wanted.  A happy face with triangle eyes and a square nose.  So that's what I gave her.  Benjamin, however, wanted a "really scary" one.  I'm no jack-o-lantern artist, but I tried to be a little creative.  This was also the first year that Benjamin agreed to help hollow it out.  Up until now he hasn't been able to stand the feeling of the pulp, but he stuck with it this time and cleaned his out all by himself.  I couldn't get Christian to even touch the stuff.  He kept shouting "Yucky!" and stepping farther and farther away.  Bella finally went and played house with him while Benjamin and I finished.  I think they turned out well.







1 comment:

Megan said...

What fun pumpkins!