Thursday, March 21, 2013

First Recital


Today was Benjamin's first piano recital.  He started piano lessons about 8 months ago and has really enjoyed it so far.  He practices happily most of the time.  I'm very grateful for that because I know how hard it was for my mother to get me to practice!  I also remember always being terribly nervous before recitals, but Benjamin wasn't very nervous at all.  He was excited to have me hear the songs because I'd never heard what the second song sounded like as a duet or what the third song sounded like with the special sound effects he'd planned.  He composed it himself at home on our piano and then his teacher helped him set it up to play in a cool Hawaiian way for the recital. So he was more excited about surprising me than anything else.  He said he went up there and forgot there were other people watching him.  I think it all sounded wonderful.  Afterwards the teacher gave all the kids a carnation.  I thought Benjamin might think getting a flower was girly, but he told me, "I'm so glad I got a red one since I like red."  Thus the whole evening was a complete success.  We're so proud of him.


1 comment:

Mindy said...

Thanks for sharing those wonderful songs on the piano. Great job Benjamin!