Saturday, August 24, 2013

My Present to Me

I have a hole in my heart where a little baby should be and since no baby seems to be coming, I decided I'd fill it with a cuddly creature of  different kind - a cat.  I asked the kids if they'd rather have a cat or a dog and they unanimously voted for a cat.  I have really missed having cats, so I scanned the shelter's website for weeks looking for a good one for our family and finally decided to check craigslist.  There I found the sweetest cat on earth.


 His name is Mumbo Jumbo - the previous owners' name for him, not mine - but the kids didn't want to change it (despite my pleas for "Jack").  He's truly Jumbo - about 20 lbs, but he's all love.  He's 7 years old, well behaved, patient, loving, declawed, microchipped, and oh so soft and cuddly.  I've fallen in love with this big guy. The kids have too.  They love to lay down on the floor with him and brush him.  Mumbo is very patient with Christian who loves to play with him by thrusting toys into his face and screeching, "Catty, want to play?"  We're so glad he's in our home.

1 comment:

Megan said...

cute kitty! sorry about the baby.