Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Finally Some Snow!

 It snowed a tiny bit on Christmas and then melted right away.  This week we finally had a real, shovel needed, stick to the ground snow storm.  School was canceled and we got to really play.  Peter loved it.  When he was little he'd cry every time he saw the snow suit come out, but he's really gotten over that now.  We've been sledding 4 times since the snow fell and he's completely independent on the sled now.  Walks it up and sleds down, no problem.  Even when he falls off occasionally and face plants in the snow, there are no tears.  He just gets up and goes again.


He and Christian built a slide from the trampoline to the ground.  Perfect for Peter, a bit small for Christian, but he was a good sport about it.



Sometimes after sledding a lot, he'd just lay in the snow and smile.  "I love laying in the snow," he'd say.


"Look, mom, it's my flag." 

Slides are a blast when they're snowy.  He and I shot off those things.  He handled the landings much better than I did.




One day Benjamin and his friend Pablo played in the snow too.  Check out this incredible snow man they built! I couldn't get one going because Peter jumped on every ball I tried to roll.  This one made up for it.  They named him Arnold.



Christian has decided drums are boring and he'd like to play saxophone in the band now.  So, here we go, another saxophonist.  He starts lessons next week.  I'm excited for him to find something he really loves.  I think it's funny that two of my kids are now playing the instrument I most wanted to play as a kid.  I guess I can live through them.





No comments: