Friday, June 09, 2023

Museums and Compromises

The weather has been so perfect lately, that I've wanted to spend a lot of time outside.   However, Peter's on a museum kick where he only wants to go to museums.  A nature center seemed like a good compromise.  We went to two different ones, one day after the other, once alone and once with friends.  It was wonderful both times.  Sadly I missed taking a picture of the giant tree fort that was several stories high and 150 ft wide.  It was so fun for the kids.


When we found this sandbox, I thought how sad it was that I forgot the sandtoys.  Then Peter found a stick and some rocks and played for 30 minutes with them in the sand.  Kids really don't need special toys.

He had a blast playing in this giant eagle nest.  



We also have been going to museums.  This week it was the Ann Arbor Hands on Museum.  He told me the whole time he wasn't interested in playing at the water table and then with 10 minutes to go, he decided he did and he had so much fun he didn't want to go home.  His favorite part was engineering the pipes so the water flowed just right. Exactly the part I like best too.  I couldn't resist letting him stay longer.




No comments: