Saturday, September 30, 2023

Senior Photos

Benjamin is a senior, which means senior photos - an overpriced racket if there ever was one.  Yearbook photos are free every other year (unless you want to order your own prints, then they're about $35).  However, as a senior, you have to pay $60 for a professional photo shoot with a company which has contracted with all the high schools in the area.  They will send the photo directly to the school if you want one in the yearbook.  If you want a copy for yourself, it's $70 per print.  Multiple outfits and settings can cost as much as $1800.  Insane.  So here is Benjamin's yearbook photo as it looks when I photograph my laptop screen with my phone:


A few others I liked from the photo shoot:




It was fun sitting in on the photoshoot.  It's amazing how many details are adjusted when taking professional pictures.  Although I'm way too cheap to order them, I have to give the photographer credit - she did very nice work.




No comments: