Monday, November 06, 2023

Halloween

Halloween and my birthday celebration were super fun. Kelly bought me a pair of Kizik shoes which I've been wanting but have never been willing to spend the money on.  I still debated for 2 days if I should return them because I felt like they were way too much money, but I love them too much!

Kelly and I had take-out Thai food for lunch together - the benefits of working from home!  Then Bella invited friends over that evening and we all made pizza and went trick-or-treating.  I will always love trick-or-treating.  There's always such a feeling of community on Halloween - everyone out, talking, walking, sharing candy.  I wish every day could be like that instead of everyone in their houses, tucked away.  I'm so glad Peter wanted to go.  I love having another little one to take around.  Peter nailed the loud "trick-or-treat!" at each door and he came home with two huge buckets full.  Thank goodness dad came along to help him carry all the loot.  I ended up having to carry him by the end, but he went a long time!  He was Spider man at the church trunk or treat and at school, but when the big day came, he decided he'd rather be an astronaut.  The benefit of having lots of costumes from older siblings laying around.


The only ones interested in carving pumpkins were Bella and Peter.  Bella pulled up an image on her laptop as a guide and so Peter wanted to do that too.  He got his pretend laptop and drew a picture which he placed on the screen. A very creative work-around, I'd say.


I could barely get a picture of him in his spider man outfit before preschool.  He was only willing to stop mid-run to the car for this one.



I forgot to ask Bella to put up her Perry the Platypus head, but that's what she is, and Marin is Dr. Doofenshmirtz, both from the show Phinneas and Ferb.  Ailey came in her Christmas PJs, because, why not?


I also opted for the warmer costume this year.  Since Christian was being a party pooper and not coming, I took his Tigger costume rather than my usual hippie one, so I could be more comfortable.  It was wonderful to be cozy and warm all evening.
Peter was not happy with the pictures, but at least he humored me.


No pictures of the candy haul, but it was substantial.  Peter has been super good about it, though.  Most days, if I keep it out of sight, he forgets it's there.  When he remembers, one is usually enough for him.  It will last until next halloween!

It wouldn't be fall without some adorable leaf pictures of Peter.  I'll end with these. :)




No comments: