Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Brand New Crib

Benjamin moved out of the pac-n-play bassinet to a real crib today. He's now just under 12 pounds and we noticed that no matter where we placed him in the bassinet, he'd sunk into the middle by the end of his nap. When your bassinet takes on a taco shape - time to move on. So, we got the crib and the mattress, but being the new parents that we are, didn't get sheets or bumper pads. Brilliant. So, he's kickin' it simple style - plain blanket on bare mattress with towels hung over the rails as bumper pads. It'll do for now, I suppose. :) After I assembled the crib (all by myself, hoorah!), I had to take a picture (minus the towels)and see how Benjamin liked it. However, today was not a good day for the little guy. He had some sort of stomach issue and had spent the entire day screaming, filling his diaper, passing gas, and going bright red in the face while grunting. He also almost pulled another 'all-dayer' except that he occasionally drifted off for 20 minutes or so from time to time. So, when I laid him in the crib, he was less than pleased. Had to get a photo of his reaction anyway, though. Couldn't pass up the moment. Currently he's sleeping quite well in it, thanks to Kelly, who took over for me once he got home. What would I do without him? (He even made a cheese cake a couple nights ago that we've finished off together this evening.) Cudos to all those single moms out there. I would be lost.

The new crib, still where I set it up, not where it will end up, since the pac-n-play has yet to be taken down.



Benjamin's reaction. I'm feeling the love.



Thought I'd include a picture of him actually sleeping. Mentally link this one to the one of the crib, if you will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The little guy is growing up. He is so lucky to have you as parents, particularly a mom who can handle power tools :)
You installed that crip all by yourself? WOW.
Is he sleeping through the night in his new, beautiful crib?

Julie