Friday, November 17, 2006

When you're smilin', the whole world smiles with you

Benjamin and I were goofing around before church and I decided to make a short video since he was in such a good mood. I defy you to watch this and not smile. I don't think it can be done.



Also, today we tried day care at the gym for the first time. They've newly changed the rules and now allow employees to use the infant room, so I had to try it out. I wanted Benjamin to get used to other adults and other babies without me around. Plus, the biggest bonus was that I didn't have to get up at 5am to go work out before Kelly left for work. So Benjamin and I slept in until 8 and then we went together to the gym. He played with the babies and I worked out - the whole time thinking of him and expecting to get paged back in there any moment. Turns out day care was harder on me than it was on him! I worried he'd cry or poop his diaper or get sick from all the other babies. But I just had to stop thinking all those things and enjoy the moment. As one mom said to me, "It's like you're queen for a day! You can just drop off your kid, enjoy yourself and they take care of the rest." It's true. It was nice to work out when I wasn't half asleep. Plus, when I got him out they said he did great. I'd brought a bottle for him, but they said he didn't drink much. That's usual for Benjamin - when he's around a lot of people, he's too distracted to eat. He mostly spent his time staring at all the other kids. I think it's good for him to get out and do that. Church provides some of that, but no where else does he get so many babies his age all at once.

Also, one last note. I seem to have become the funniest person on earth. Anything I do from saying "Du" ("you" in German) in his face, to dropping socks on his chest, to hiding behind a blanket and quickly pulling it away, elicits a never ending string of squeels and laughter. It's so funny! I'm the ultimate 4 month old's comedian. He laughs and laughs at pretty much anything I come up with. It's so much fun to be so appreciated! Where else can you find such unconditional love? (besides from a smelly, hairy, slobbery dog). Benjamin is truly a joy.

He's absolutely the cutest baby in the world.

3 comments:

Than and Erica said...

I love reading your blog! I love how much you're enjoying being a mom!
Love,
Erica Hancock

K and M said...

Thanks, Erica! Good to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

He is the cutest!!! I have to agree! I love seeing him!! OHhhhhh ;) I can't wait until Christmas!

JILL