Friday, June 27, 2008

A Rare Update

I feel like it's been forever since I've posted anything. I'd say the highlight of the recent weeks was my camel ride. :) We visited a local library that was hosting a traveling petting zoo and it included a camel ride. I couldn't pass that up. I've never even ridden a horse, much less a camel! I assumed Benjamin would chicken out once he got up to it, but I was determined to ride with or without him. To his credit, he got up on it without hesitation and rode like he'd done it a thousand times before. It was a lot of fun. And check out the guy leading it! He looks like he should be leading a tiger, not a camel! Total teddy-bear of a guy, though. My favorite quote of his was in response to a little boy's question of how he got this job - "This is what happens when you don't finish school. Go to college!"



Isabella turns 7 weeks old today. She's now sleeping anywhere from 6-8 hours at a time at night. It varies from night to night. It's been nice to get some longer stretches of sleep. She's just like Benjamin, though, in that she hates to nap. If I can get 20-30 minutes of sleep at a time during the day, I'm happy. It's the price I have to pay, I guess. It's worth it. Here's a picture of Benjamin's latest offering to the goddess Isabella. I'm just glad to see it's not sharp like the tongs.


It's been raining every day here and the downpours have been fantastic. I love Michigan storms. The rain falls so hard and fast. It makes the most amazing noise on the roof and looks so beautiful. Benjamin wanted to be the first to try out our new umbrella. I'm sick of my usual itty-bitty umbrellas that fold up and fit in your purse. Those are convenient and fine if you live in a desert, but out here (and with kids that need to fit under it), I needed an industrial size umbrella. So far this one has proven worthy as long as the wind isn't too strong. It got blown inside out yesterday. Less effective.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't give up on her entirely. Sofia didn't nap for the first 3 months...just cat napped on and off. And she's 3 and still taking almost a 2 hour nap.

We missed you up at Big Cottonwood :)

Laura