Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Christmas Spirit...a little early

The kids checked out a Veggie Tales Christmas music cd from the library the other day and suddenly it's Christmas music all day every day.  Their favorite?  Feliz Navidad.  They. never. stop. singing. it!!!!  I decided to make the most of the obsession and film them at it.  They really are pretty darn cute. :)


Have you ever read the Ramona Quimby books?  I am currently reading them with Bella and she adores them.  I think because she sympathizes.  There's a lot of Ramona in Bella.  The other day she and Ramona did a very similar thing on the very same day.  I was showering Christian when Bella came to me with a comb stuck in her bangs.  Usually a comb will get stuck on a snarl but can easily be pulled back out.  However, she had turned and turned this comb over in her hair so many times that it was impossible to budge!  I tried and tried, but I finally gave up and told her she'd have to wait until Kelly, with his boy scout knot skills, got home from work.  She walked around with the comb stuck to the front of her head for hours. I'm kicking myself I didn't get a picture!!  I let her stay up late to wait for Kelly and when he finally did come home, it took him 30 minutes to work the comb free.  To keep her occupied while he worked, I offered to read some more from Ramona.  And what should we happen to read, but the chapter where Ramona wanders into a field full of burs and decides to make a crown of burs, which get horribly tangled in her hair!!  In the book there was a picture of Ramona sitting in a chair while her father painstakingly picks out burr after burr.  I died laughing at the irony of the situation.  Bella didn't find it nearly so funny.  Poor thing.  It did finally make me realize that we should take a picture, though.  We had gobs and gobs of hair on the bed when it was all over, but the comb was out, thank goodness.

This picture makes it look like Kelly is holding the comb in place, but really, that comb wasn't going anywhere.  He was drawing out the hair strand by strand with the skewer.


How Bella felt about the whole thing and the fact that I was taking a picture.  She should be happy daddy got it done.  Some missing hair is a lot better than no hair in front at all just before family photos in Utah.  My funny little Ramona.




1 comment:

Megan said...

cute! Veggie tales are pretty popular at our house, too.

I should try out Ramona books with Sandy. I remember loving them when I was younger. Good idea.