Sunday, January 17, 2021

A Whole Lot of Nothing Going On

 After the week in Mexico, this week has seemed so incredibly dull.  Kids in online school, me cooking, cleaning, and taking care of Peter.  Still not going anywhere or doing anything due to Covid.  Too cold to play outside much.  It's been tough.  The only highlight of this week was that Benjamin's blue light glasses arrived in the mail and he loves them.  He and Kelly are now glasses twins. 


Other than that, there's nothing to talk about.  Christian and I make sure to get out as often as possible when the weather allows mostly because he's gotten a dog walking job for a neighbor.  Her husband died of covid and she's not well enough to walk the dog herself, so she hired Christian to do it.  He feels like he's rich beyond his wildest dreams now and it's gotten him out of the house regularly.  I always take Peter and come along on the walks so we can all get a little fresh air every day.  On days he doesn't walk the dog, we make sure to play on the trampoline.  Peter loves the trampoline.  He doesn't know how to jump, but he loves to run on it.  He runs and runs and runs, back and forth for what feels like forever.  He falls down a lot but never seems to get hurt.  He just laughs and pops back up again.  It's a great way to expend some energy.



One funny thing happened this week.  Peter is still a terribly picky eater.  He'll only eat 4-5 foods and I struggle every day to get him to try new things.  However, I was at the grocery store this week and as I passed by the sweet potatoes, he grabbed one from the display.  I figured he'd play with it for a bit and then I'd add it to my bag.  Next time I look at him, he's eating it!  Dirty nasty potato in his mouth and he's happily chewing away!  I'd tried to serve him sweet potato just the night before!  Baked to perfection, cubed to bite size.  He threw every piece on the floor and refused to even try it.  Here, though, dirty nasty thing went right into his mouth!  I couldn't believe it.  Maybe I'll roll his food in dirt next time I want him to try something new.



No comments: