Sunday, June 06, 2021

End of the Season

 Today was Christian's last soccer game of the season.  Today he scored his first goal - the perfect way to end the season.  His team won 8-0!  As the final whistle blew, a member of the opposing team stomped his foot, screamed, "This team is trash!" and stalked off in a huff.  I felt bad for them.  Not a great way to end the season.  Christian, however, was elated and asked if we could go buy his favorite sandwich at Subway to celebrate.  We stopped by the house, picked up Bella, and had a little victory lunch.  His favorite, btw, is bacon, lettuce, cucumbers, shredded cheddar cheese, and ranch on toasted italian.  He ate an entire footlong by himself!

(Christian is #12 in black)  It was hard to get pictures from far away, so they're quite grainy.  Plus, taking pictures with a toddler climbing all over you and repeatedly grabbing your arm is hard.  However, today during the game Peter started giving back rubs and arm rubs and it was so sweet.  He would just stand next to me and start rubbing my back or my arm and stare into my face.  "Are you giving me love?" I'd ask.  "Yeah," he'd answer.  Then he'd smile really big and place his head on my shoulder.  Melt my heart.  



Then, given that it was 90 degrees outside, we decided to go swimming.  We bought a summer membership to the rec center so we could have more things for the kids to do away from the screen over the summer and I've already taken Peter there twice this week.  Christian had a wonderful time too. (Benjamin was motorcycling and Bella was at a birthday party.) It's a great multi-dimensional pool with lazy river, little whirlpool areas, lap pool, slides, and a toddler area.  Something for everyone, although the slides are still closed due to covid.  I love seeing how cute and gentle Christian is with Peter. 





No comments: