Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Christmas Delights

Before the concerts which I wrote about yesterday, Bella had a smaller audience at church.  The young women of the ward invited all the older single ladies to join them for an evening of music, art, and poetry.  Bella played piano (both solo and duet) and said she really enjoyed the evening talking to the women and performing for them.  Several of them told me later how much they enjoyed her playing.  We have so many talented young women in our ward.  It's so fun to have such a great group of friends for Bella.

I have loved seeing Peter's delight at our Christmas tree and outdoor lights.  I will regularly find him like this:


So far only one ornament has been broken.  What a vast difference from Benjamin and Bella and their average of 1 per day.  When he goes outside after dark, he'll look at the lights and exclaim, 'Oh look!  How pretty!"  So adorable.

While grocery shopping I saw a bag of unshelled nuts and decided to let Peter have some fun with our nutcracker.  He'd seen it come out with the Christmas decorations, but all we had in the house were shelled nuts.  He excitedly popped nuts into its mouth and crushed them to bits for over 30 minutes and asked to do it again the next day.  It was the perfect activity to keep him happy while I cooked dinner.

Amazingly, he also helped me clean up the mess.  He's been quite good about cleaning up his messes.  Tonight I called him up for dinner and he told me, "Ok, I be right there. Have clean up first!" then he put his toys in the box before coming up.  WHAT?!  He's the only kid I've got who's ever done that.  Love it!  Although, one funny story.  The other day, the mess of cars was extreme and I asked him to help me clean them all up.  He took one look at the pile and said, "Bye Felicia" and dashed off.  What an effect having teenage siblings can have!

 

No comments: