Friday, December 30, 2022

Dog for a Day

 A friend of mine went out of town and asked us to watch her chihuahua for the day.  So we had the cutie for 24 hours.  He's 14 years old and very feeble.  He is happiest snoozing on a lap and doesn't do much else.  Between the kids, I don't think that dog's feet touched the ground much.  Such a sweet, docile thing. The most cat-like dog I've ever been around.  Slept on a pillow next to my bed all night.  He's welcome any time.

The big question I wanted this experience to answer was, could the kids take care of a dog?  The answer is a clear NO!  I asked Christian one time to take the dog out because it had been a while since it had gone.  He was too busy on his video game to do it and the dog pooped on the floor.  Later I asked again and Benjamin took it out but as quickly as possible and came back in before it had fully finished its business and the dog pooped on the floor again.  His owner assures me he's 100% house trained a never does this, so if these kids can't take that dog out regularly for 24 hours, we are definitely not committing to one for good.  Test failed.  But still a sweet, fun visit.










No comments: