Friday, June 16, 2006

How much longer?

I really hoped I wouldn't need my doctor's appointment today. Or if I had to see a doctor - I really hoped it'd be the pediatrician rather than the OBGYN. However, Benjamin is apparently quite comfortable where he's at and despite frequent contractions, dilation, effacement, etc., nothing has officially started. The doctor says I'll likely go to my due date...or later. Great. I guess I shouldn't complain, though. I'm not swelling, have no hemorrhoids, back pain, heart burn, or sleeplessness. In general I feel good - I'm just so impatient!! I can't wait to hold my little boy. And although this may sound sick and twisted, I'm actually excited to give birth! I mean, it's an incredible miracle and although I'm scared of the pain, I can't wait to understand what I've only heard described all my life. My body is going to do something so amazing and I just can't wait! But I guess I'll have to. This is obviously only the first lesson in a long string of lessons teaching me patience with regard to this little boy.

No comments: