Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Has it been 5 years already?

Kelly and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary this week. It's been a wonderful journey and I look forward to all that's ahead. It also happened to be the week of Benjamin's blessing at church. So, the whole family came into town. His blessing went great. Kelly did a wonderful job. Plus, Benjamin only fussed a little at first, but thanks to some bouncing, he calmed down and was quiet the rest of the time. For our anniversary, we went to Cedar Point amusement park with a couple ward members and our whole family (minus my mom and Benjamin). That place has some the most amazing roller coasters I've ever seen! Not for the faint of heart (or weak of stomach, such as myself). We all had a fantastic time and luckily, only once did I come close to losing my lunch all over the unsuspecting populace below the coaster. That's one good thing about the LONG lines at that place - it gives your stomach time to settle before you flip it around again.

The family gathered for a day of fun.



Kelly in his oh-so-stylin shades and Ford Fusion visor which unfortunatley didn't survive the day. May it rest in peace below the hideously jerky and bumpy Magnum XL-200. So sad.



Benjamin in his cute blessing outfit. Thanks to Sue for making it for him. It's adorable.



The family at our place after the blessing.



We bought Benjamin some pajama pants today and this hat came with it. As it says on the hat, "so cute!"



Just a couple cuddly Benjamin pics. I love my little boy.





P.S. Thanks to all those who comment on my posts. I love to read your thoughts and ideas. Also, special thanks to my faithful reader, Julie, who I don't think I've ever met (have I?), whose good ideas and compliments have made my day many-a-time.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Michelle, I haven't been able to say so for a while, but you have the most beautiful baby! And you look so happy. I know things have been tough, but it's so good to "hear" from you and see how you're doing! I so have to visit this little boy one of these days!

Kyle/Michelle said...

We like to look at your blog every once in a while, and it sure looks like you had a great time with your families! Blessing days are so special and it is awesome that your families came all the way to share it with you! Congrats on the 5 year mark too, it doesn't seem that long ago that we came to your wedding! Crazy!
-Michelle

Anonymous said...

What a cute family, not only the newest addition. Thank you for the cudos.
Love, Julie

Anonymous said...

I miss my Fusion hat!