Thursday, May 21, 2009

Being Together

I'm an only child, so it's been fun watching the sibling interaction between my kids. For the most part, it's quite loving. There's toy sharing issues and Benjamin can play a little too rough at times, but in general the love between them is very evident. It's also a lot of fun as she gets older and they have more and more things they can do together.

They love to read together.


They love to be together outside.


They both adore playing in the water.





They both love their bikes. Today I was pushing Bella on her bike and Benjamin said, "Wait for me! I ride with Bella too!" and rode his bike along side.


I love this time of year in Michigan. It's not too hot yet and there's really a lot to do outside. So, in addition to simply hanging out with each other, we've been enjoying the great weather and getting together with friends a lot too. It's crazy to think we'll have been here 4 years this summer. We've made some great friends in that time.

Last week, we went to Cranbrook Science Museum to see their dinosaur exhibit. A little too advanced for a 2 year old, but Benjamin and Max managed to find things to suit their interests too. The blocks were there to show how to build an arch. This was much more fun.



They actually did what they were supposed to do here and I was quite impressed. They were to match up the blocks acording to the shapes on the board and they got it perfect on the first try. Way to go boys!


We've also gone swimming. Bella got a new swim suit from a friend of mine and wore it proudly to the pool. (Sorry this pic is pre-pool. I had no safe spot to keep my camera pool-side, so I left it in the locker.)


We've also continued meeting with my German mom's club each week. Yesterday Benjamin found a kids' book in English and suddenly it was English class around me. So cute.



Just a final note - this is Bella every time she wakes up - whether in the morning or at nap time. The first thing she does is reach for her giraffe and her rhino that sit on her dresser and cuddle them. It really distresses her when they aren't there to greet her. She is so cute with her bed hair and her big grin. Then she'll press the animals between her and me and lay her head contendely on my chest. It seems to be her favorite moment of the day.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I love the pictures of Benjamin and Bella together. how sweet!

Tara G. said...

They are really cute together. It makes me excited for when Josh and Maya can play together!

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

They are such cuties. I love to watch my little ones together too. They are each other's best friend and first choice playmate. Better enjoy it, I just hope it lasts.