Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkin Overload


We had a little bit of down time on the 30th and I wanted to throw in one more pumpkin activity before the big day. So, I got the kids excited to make a craft and after all the supplies were gathered and both were sitting anxiously at the table, I said, "We're going to make a special jack-o-lantern craft now." Happy faces gone. Benjamin leaned over to Isabella and quietly said, "I don't think this is going to be very fun." "What did you say?" I asked. "I wasn't talking to you, mom, I was talking to Isabella. I said I don't think this is going to be very fun." "Why not?" "I really want to make a cat." I had to laugh. Not everyone is as obsessed with Halloween as I am, apparently. In the end we decided to make purple cat masks and everyone was happy.

1 comment:

Carla Geddes said...

Your blog is always so fun to read. I love it. You have the funniest children, and Benjamin is just far to smart for his age. He comes up with the funniest things to say all the time.
Missing you guys. It's kinda lonely out here right now. We didn't have a Halloween, and despite buying candy and a cool orange candy bowl, we didn't have a single trick or treater at our door. Boo Hoo
Chat soon.