Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas

I thought I'd post this now because I know I won't get a chance in the next couple days. I'm very excited about Christmas coming. It's been an incredibly busy December but I've tried very hard to keep focused on what really matters. A friend of mine emailed me this picture yesterday and I think it so aptly portrays what I'm trying to achieve in my home.


Santa is fun, but let us remember what he's really a symbol of (and not the other way around.)

We've been having fun around here, despite the hectic. Benjamin has been taking a swim class and has loved it. We've been playing in our newly fallen snow. And I had the chance to drive a friend to the temple when her car wasn't working, so I took the kids along and took some pictures. Sadly, Isabella has had a cold and was sound asleep by the time we got there. Benjamin enjoyed it, though. My funniest picture (not posted) was when Benjamin, with his face contorted in urgency, grabbed himself, calling, "I have to pee mommy!" How many people have a picture of their son grabbing themselves in front of the temple? I didn't take a picture of the next moment when he prepared to deal with his need right onto their finely manicured lawn. I'm so glad there's a stake center right next door!




So, that's our life right now in a nutshell. Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

2 comments:

AJ said...

You should check out the book "I believe in Santa Claus" by Diane G. Adamson. We read it in Primary and I thought it was perfect! I hope you guys have a very merry Christmas!

Megan said...

Merry Christmas!!