Friday, December 11, 2009

Squeaky Clean

Bella is addicted to foaming hand sanitizer. They have a dispenser of it beside the door to the child care at my gym. It's a fancy automatic one that dispenses a large glob every time you put your hand under it. Needless to say, Bella manages to grab 7-10 globs at every entrance and every exit. Well, as an unfortunate coincidence, we have a foaming soap dispenser in our bathroom that puts out a substance identical in color and appearance to the sanitizer at the gym. Immediately Bella learned a new word. "Soap!" she'd proudly call, as she squirted large globs onto her hands. I tried repeatedly to explain that sanitizer and soap are very different, but when that failed, I put it away. Until Kelly decided to wash his hands, and forgot about my warning. I came into Benjamin's room to put away some folded laundry and smelled the overwhelmingly strong smell of soap and heard a little rustling noise coming from the closet. I quickly opened the door to find this:


It's hard to tell in the picture, but she'd shampooed her hair with it, rubbed various spots on her clothes with it, and had large handfuls of it, prepped for various new locations. She was not very pleased to see me. Seeing as how she'd sequestered herself in the closet with a closed door, it was obvious she knew she was breaking a rule, but she seemed to have been having a grand ol' time. The carpet was soaked with it too. The room reeked of artificial soap perfume all day long. What a crazy girl. I just took a picture, hosed her off, and thanked my lucky starts it wasn't finger paint again (as we experienced with Benjamin a while back). However, the soap has once again been put away (for good, this time, I hope.)

Quick cute quote from Benjamin: I picked him up from school on Thursday and he asked, "Why did you come back?" "To pick you up, sweetheart, so we could go home," I replied. "But I don't want to go home," he stated matter-of-factly. I'm so glad he likes school so much. I won't take it personally. :)

1 comment:

Rachelle K said...

Michelle, Your blog is by far the most entertaining that I read. I died when I read the Christmas posting I just about died...and thought, how would I react to seeing my child spit out a glass bulb with the food coloring dripping from their mouth. Let's just say that I don't think I would handle that well. :)