Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Beginning of a New Season

I'm not talking about Spring, I'm talking about soccer season! :) I have been really excited about Benjamin getting involved in soccer again. He did a "Little Kickers" class when he was 2, but this is his first team. He and I play all the time and he's pretty good, so I was excited about this. He was too, until we arrived at the field. He took one look at the hoard of kids running around and he wanted to go back home. But he was a trooper. He found a friend from church and a friend from school on his team and he did pretty well.



He did all the drills and even part of the game. But as the designated positions disintegrated and the entire team moved as a pack around with the ball, his issue with crowds won out and he spent the rest of the game like this:


For his first time, though, I had to hand it to him. He did quite well. He just needs to get used to everything. He's not terribly shy, but big groups of people get to him and he's not one to mash himself in the middle of strangers. Once he gets the hang of things and gets to know the coaches better, I think things will get even better. And hopefully I'll remember to take my camera off the indoor light setting so my pictures will turn out better too! :)

Yesterday we had a playdate with a couple German friends of mine who had babies in the same month as Christian. The babies ate each other's socks and had backwards scooting races.


The older brothers played the Wii.


Poor Isabella didn't know quite where she fit in. However, she managed to have some fun too.

1 comment:

Tara G. said...

Benjamin is so cute sitting on the grass with his blanket at the soccer game! Christian looks huge!