Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

I know, Easter is over, but this is the earliest I could get to posting these pictures. We had a great Easter. The day before, we went to the Zoo for their Easter day. Oh my, the crowds!! I really wanted Kelly to be able to come with us, so we braved it, but I will not do that again any time soon. Mid-week zoo trips are definitely where it's at. Although, I often joke that I don't have a zoo membership, I have a playground and fountains membership because that's really all my kids care about. Benjamin even asked before we left, "Will the frog fountain be turned on?" Not, will the giraffes be out or can we be sure to go see the tiger. He only cared about the fountain. He even made sure to remind me to bring his flip flops, just in case. Sadly the frogs were not squirting that day, but they still spent 95% of their time here:


and here:


Whatever makes them happy. We had a fun time as a family, regardless.

On Sunday we went to church first. Then afterwards, I gave the kids their Easter baskets and then sent them out into the back yard to search for the eggs which I'd hidden the night prior. Unbeknown to me, the backyard animals had been on their own easter egg hunt and had discovered the ones with chocolate inside! Thin plastic eggs hold no power against those sharp little teeth! Luckily, being me, only a few rare ones held edible items, so most eggs were spared. The kids had fun running around finding them and then rushing around playing with all their new loot. Then, we took advantage of the beautiful day and took a family bike ride to the playground and spent the afternoon enjoying the beautiful weather. Such a wonderful day. I hope everyone else had a great Easter too.

Here's the two oldest in their fancy Easter duds. Bella looks tired in that picture for some reason and Benjamin's hair hasn't been fully tamed. Not their best picture, but it's all I had time for in the rush to get to 9am church, and the idea is to see the clothes and they are adorable, don't you think?


Here's the youngest hanging out at the playground. He loved playing like the big kids.



Next big event: Bella's 3rd birthday in two weeks! I've gotten all her presents, but I've already forgotten where I hid some of them!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute Easter outfits - bad hair day.