Saturday, October 22, 2011

New and Improved


We've been to the Detroit Children's Museum 4 times. The first time I went with Benjamin when he was only about 18 months old. It was a complete and total dump. Dark and dingy building, broken toys, and no staff other than the woman at the entrance. I vowed never to return. They apparently got the vibe, because they shut down for quite a while for repairs and improvements. When they reopened, I was pleasantly surprised and the next time I went, it was even better! So then, when they closed down again, citing financial troubles, I was really sad. We have two museums for children in Detroit. They work in conjunction with one another and they both shut down. However, then last week the smaller of the two reopened temporarily - the one I'm describing - so we hurried on over to show our support. It was so much fun! It was even better than the last time and the kids had a blast. They have lots of pretend play type toys and Bella spent nearly all afternoon at the grocery store. Benjamin spent his time setting up an entire city, train track, and countryside (before becoming the Evil Ogre and knocking it all down in a vicious tirade.) Christian crawled through the tunnel a hundred times and had a blast with the colorful foam toys. I wish it were a little closer, because that place really is fun.






No comments: