Tuesday, February 28, 2012

First Snowman of the Year

Amazingly, we've had so little snow here that this week was the first time we were able to build a snowman. The kids were so excited. We picked Benjamin up from school and didn't even enter the house - we just went right into the backyard and got started.


You can see in the picture, that just our little snowman nearly cleared the yard of snow. I don't mind not having to drive in the snow, but I sure do miss a winter of sledding and snowmen.

Yesterday Bella asked me to help her get her "jumping jeans" out of the closet. I had no idea what she was talking about, but I curiously followed her into her room to have her point them out to me. Turns out it was her jeans jumper. So cute that I had to take a picture of Bella in her jumping jeans.


Bella's preschool went on a fieldtrip to a bakery last week.


They got to decorate their own little cake. Bella took it very seriously. It was so cute to see.

Sizing up her project.


Getting to work.



I stupidly forgot to take a picture of the final product, but believe me, it was well covered. Who knew that cake started out as white!?

Tried a new math game with Benjamin this week. Put up a strip of paper, cut holes, assign point values to the holes and roll the ball through them. Add up your points. Rolling the ball through the chairs is minus points. It lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. Christian got really into it too. So cute! We ended up playing until 50 points, so I considered it a success. Will have to do this one again sometime.

1 comment:

Tara G. said...

Great pictures! I know, this winter has been pretty weak...I won't complain though. The kids are so grown up!