Sunday, April 22, 2012

We love you Cozy Coupe




I got this little beauty at a garage sale this week for $5.  Christian runs for these whenever we see one at a store or at someone's house, so I thought I'd get it for him.  Little did I know what a hit it'd be with ALL my kids.  As Benjamin put it today, "If you hadn't bought this, we'd never be happy."  Of course, this makes it hard for the intended recipient of the purchase to get much out of it, but some how they all make do.  And it has been a riot to see how many ways they find to ride it.  Only a few scraped elbows to show for it so far.  Benjamin went flying off it once as it tipped and exclaimed, "Good thing I put my hands out when I fell or I would have been a cooked goose!"  (ie. "My goose would have been cooked."  We've now made it through the whole Junie B series and I love the little expressions he learns from that crazy girl, but I love even more when he doesn't quite learn them. :) )




You can see Christian's frustrated expression in the picture above.  He'd had about enough of them hanging on. So, I made sure to have a little distraction on hand so Christian could get at least a bit of time alone in the thing.


Bella even included the little car in her prayers last night.  It's the little things, really.

3 comments:

Than and Erica said...

That is funny because I bought our cozy couope at a yard sale for 5 bucks 5 years ago and it is still one of the most played with things that we have. Good purchase! And I love that you did something for earth day.

Loni said...

Love the cozy coupe! Connor got one for Christmas and he and all the other kids love it too! I'm so glad your kids can be happy now that the cozy coupe is in their lives! (Ben is so cute)

The Hamblin's said...

We have yet to get one too... Molly LOVES them though :) I'm glad your kids are so happy about it, that's cute! Way to go on celebrating earth day... you have such fun ideas always!