Saturday, August 26, 2023

Where Did the Summer Go??? Recap Part 5 - Birthdays

 August in our house means birthdays.  Peter turned 4 and Christian turned 13!!   I realize that I also didn't write about Benjamin's birthday in July!  He turned 17!! 

Peter didn't want a cake, he just wanted pancakes.




He also didn't want a party.  He asked only that I read as many books to him as he wants all day long.  Poor 4th child.  So I made sure he got lots of attention on his big day and so did Christian.



Funny story - he was captivated with the idea that people give you presents on your birthday, so he decided to go around telling people it was his birthday so they would give him presents.  He went to his favorite neighbor's house, Parker, knocked on the door, and proudly told him it was his birthday.  Parker wished him a happy birthday and told him he'd find him a present and should he come back later to get it.  However, when he went later to claim it, Parker wasn't home and there was no present.  He was so heartbroken that he cried harder than I've seen in a long time.  I felt so bad.  Luckily, he shares his birthday with a kind woman in the ward, Thea, and I invited her and her friends out to lunch on the big day.  Each of the ladies remembered that it was Peter's birthday too and came with a present for him as well.  Such kind women.  It made his day.

Christian also didn't want a party for his birthday.  He wanted to go to a trampoline park and to MOD pizza.  








Perfect for everyone.  I asked him if he wanted to invite friends and he said, "I don't need to.  I have Peter."  So cute.

Benjamin also didn't want a cake or a party.  So I got brownie bites from Costco and made a cake-ish stack and he spent his day at church and traveling to FSY camp.  



Peter gave him some of his favorite toys as a present.  Such a sweet gesture to be so generous with his favorite items.  



No comments: