Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter At Home

This "long" weekend flew by! With General Conference, Easter, and Kelly's birthday (Happy Birthday Sweetie!), there was so much going on that it was over in a flash. It all went great, but I think the kids loved the egg hunt the best. Last year I thought I would make things easy and take the kids to a community run easter egg hunt. That turned out to be more work than anything and was a huge disappointment. This year I decided 'if you want something done right, you do it yourself' and took matters in my own hands. I got all the usual Easter trappings - baskets, eggs, fake grass, egg fillers, etc. at the dollar store while Benjamin was in school and did all the prep in the evenings. Then I hid the eggs in the backyard during the last few minutes of Saturday morning's conference session. It was so fun to get ready and imagine the kids' excitement during the hunt. Despite the windy, cloudy weather, it was a lot of fun. They were running around so fast and furiously that I had trouble getting a single good photo. Even on my fastest setting, all my action shots are blurred. Benjamin was so fast that we had to make him re-hide a few of his eggs so Bella stood a greater chance. And we were still finding eggs the next day too! Ooops! Guess I hid some a bit too well. :)



Bella has started allowing me to put barretts in her hair from time to time. Her hair is still short and fine, but it's fun to do what I can. I wanted to take a picture of just her with them in, but Benjamin was unwilling to be left out. I'm amazed at how fast she's growing up. She'll be two next month!

1 comment:

Loni said...

Cute pics. It looks like they got a basket full of eggs to open, I bet they had a great time doing that!