Friday, September 20, 2013

Christian is in Preschool!!

I can't believe it.  My baby.  Preschool.  But here he is.  Such the third child - I took him there without a single thought of taking a photo.  It wasn't until I got there and saw other moms taking pictures that it occurred to me that I should take a picture too!  So I pulled out my cheap-o flip phone and took a few.


 Sorry Christian, not the best for your special day.  I really was emotional about it, though.  He is my sweetheart and I can't believe how grown-up he looked that day with his new clothes and hair gelled for the special occasion.  And despite my certainty that he'd cry, he held it together and had a great day.  It helped that just as he was about to lose it, one of the teachers grabbed his hand and said, "Hi Christian!  It's so good to see you!  I love your hair!  Want to come play?" and pulled him away from me at top speed while waving me away from behind her back. He was so startled that he forgot all about crying.  Genius woman, I tell you.  I was the last one to pick up and so all the teachers were talking to him as I arrived.  When I got him and walked out, I heard them all swoon to one another, "He is so adorable!  What a darling boy!"  Made me proud.  That's my Christian. :)


1 comment:

Tara G. said...

He really is so adorable!