Monday, October 14, 2013

Another Season Has Ended

Soccer ended this past Saturday.  I just had to post this adorable picture.  All three with their trophies.  They were so proud.  The coordinator asked me to coach the three year old team next season again.  We'll see if I do that or not.  Bella's asking me to coach her team again and I really hate missing out on all her games because I'm coaching Christian, as much as I love coaching his team.  Decisions decisions.


The other day I was practicing soccer at a park with my kids when a cute little 3 year old boy came over with his mom and asked to join us.  My kids, being the introverts that they are, kind of ignored him and kept playing, but my heart went out to this little guy and I brought him into our game.  His mom stood on the side and watched as I played a game with the 4 kids, using our bikes and trees as goal posts.  When we got tired and the kids went to "hide from zombies" she said (in all seriousness), "Wow, you really seem to know what you're doing out there.  Do you play professionally?"  I couldn't help but laugh out loud.  Yes, compared to 3 year olds, I'm a pro!  Nicest compliment I've gotten in a while, though.  Made me feel good. :)

No comments: