Thursday, October 03, 2013

So Excited!




I love General Conference.  We've been getting excited around here.  I've been avidly collected supplies for games and activities to keep the kids focused on the talks.  My favorite thing this year, though, is an idea that I found online.  It's called "Who's coming to dinner?"  The woman was much more prepared than I am and planned 2 weeks of visits, but I'm just doing 3.  For the three nights prior to conference, a different member of the 12 apostles "comes to dinner."  I printed large photos of President Monson, Elder Uchtdorf, and Elder Eyring and each night I tape one of them to an empty chair at the table and we spend dinner talking about this man, his history and family and then I share a short video from my favorite talk of theirs.  It has been wonderful.  I also insisted that everyone speak German on the night we did Elder Uchtdorf. :)  I want this to be a chance for the kids to get to know these amazing men better so that when they listen to them speak, they feel more of a connection to them.  They are each such amazing, interesting people with so much to teach us.  Can't wait to hear the prophet speak.  What a wonderful way to spend time as a family this weekend.

1 comment:

AJ said...

So fun to read of all your adventures. You do amazing things with your kids and family.