Saturday, April 10, 2021

A New Park

I heard from some friends about a park nearby that I'd never visited.  Benjamin was at a track meet and Bella was camping with her scout troop, so Christian and Peter and I decided to check it out.  What a hidden gem.  It had a huge rock climbing area that was a big hit.  Christian climbed all over it for an hour and Peter was so happy finding pebbles to show me and seeing how far he could throw rocks.  






Peter's a pretty good climber too, but he always wanted to have his water, a piece of sandwich, or a rock in one or both hands, which made climbing challenging.  We did a little, but mostly he scampered around on the ground wherever Christian was.

Then we went into the wooded area of the park and found a bunch of fun trails and a lake with a dam that Christian enjoyed too.  It was such a fun place and I'm so glad we found out about it.  15 years and still finding fun new places around here.




No comments: