Friday, April 09, 2021

Little Firefighter

 Peter and I went grocery shopping today and we happened to walk towards the store at the same time as a fireman was getting out of his truck to come shop too.  As soon as he started walking towards the door, however, he turned around and went back to the truck.  I assumed he'd forgotten his mask or money and went on inside.  I was just putting Peter into the cart when he came in and came over to me.  "Ma'am, this is for your son," he said, handing me a plastic fireman's hat.  So that's why he'd gone back to the truck! What a nice guy.  I assumed Peter would refuse to wear it and throw it down immediately since he's really not one for hats, but I was wrong.  Peter was super excited.  He kept it on throughout the store.  We were nearly done when he started to get frustrated with how it slipped around on his tiny head and took it off.  We sure got a lot of comments.  What a cutie.  



No comments: