Monday, October 04, 2021

General Conference Weekend

 I wasn't sure how General Conference with Peter would go, but I was pleasantly surprised by how well he did with it.  So many hours of the family just sitting there watching church talks can be really boring for a two year old and there's no way I can expect him to listen and understand it himself, so everyone pitched in and rotated responsibility for playing with him while others listened and he also played very well independently.  During breaks we made sure we did plenty of active things outside.  Christian, as usual, was my buddy in all of those.



Playground trips (his just chilin' attitude on the merry-go-round cracked me up) and tennis were the majority of it.  I've been interested in getting better at tennis so I bought some rackets as an early birthday present for myself and we spent many hours on the court, in sunshine on Saturday and in drizzling rain on Sunday.  Christian fell in love with it too and despite both of our lack of perfect hand-eye coordination, we had a great time.  I think what I love most about playing with Christian is that we both never get terribly competitive.  It's never a battle, just always a game together.  We cheer each other on and console when we mess up and it's always a team effort.  It makes the game fun no matter the outcome.  Peter loved running after the balls and playing on the bleachers and he loved it best when Christian took off his wet socks and started smacking them with his racket instead!  Such hilarious laughter each time a wet sock smacked the court.  They are such great buddies.







No comments: