Friday, October 15, 2021

We May Never Leave

 Why every shopping trip takes hours to complete:


I was just there to buy a package of diapers, but we stayed for an hour.  Every item was interesting. Every item had to be investigated. My favorite was this, though, when he pulled out two tubs and invited me to lay and relax in the second next to him.  He also insisted we try out the potty seats, the step stools, and every baby toy he could reach.  Ah, the old days when he was willing to sit in the grocery cart.  Those days were gone too soon.  Joking aside, though, I really do love going places with him (when I'm not in a hurry) because everything is new and exciting to him and it allows me to rediscover things through him.  Get down on his level and everything is a huge, unexplored wonderland.  It's been fun to have an exploring buddy.

No comments: