Tuesday, March 15, 2022

A Good Day for a Parade

One of my favorite books to read with Peter this past week has been "Sometimes Cake" by Edwina Wyatt.  In the book, the main character, Audrey, and her friend Lion have a parade.  After reading it, I suggested that Peter and I have a parade too.  We discussed it and decided that a parade should have musical instruments and balloons.  He chose a blue balloon to blow up and decided he'd like to play the recorder in the parade.  I chose the drum (Benjamin's drum pad).  I tied the balloon to him so he'd have his hands free and away we went around the upstairs, tooting and drumming and dragging our balloon.  Then he decided he'd like to be the drummer, but the pad was too heavy to carry while drumming, so we marched in place while he drummed on the chair and I played the recorder.  It was a lot of fun.  It's a darling book and I'm so grateful for the reminder it provided that every day is a good day for a celebration and a parade.




 

No comments: