Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Feels Like Summer

 The temperatures got crazy hot last week and we took full advantage.  Peter was outside at his water table and pool nearly all day.  It's by far his favorite toy.



Christian was excited to join him, but soon realized that playing in water with Peter comes at a price.



We also went to the Hands On Museum in Ann Arbor for the first time since Covid.  I had put off going because they were still requiring masks until very recently, even for kids as young as Peter.  However, now they don't and so I couldn't wait to show him all the fun.  Surprise, surprise, he spent 90% of the day at the water exhibits.





Another fun thing we did last week was to go to Greenfield Village for their Day Out With Thomas activity.  They bring in an engine that looks like Thomas and fill the park with all sorts of Thomas themed attractions and activities.  It brings in every toddler for 50 miles.  I had brought Benjamin and Bella when they were little, but Benjamin had been completely unimpressed.  His reaction was an immediate, "But it's the exact same train as every time with Thomas stuck on the front! I'm not riding that!"  I prayed Peter would not be so discerning and luckily my prayer was answered.  He was thrilled to ride Thomas.  Christian was a great sport and came along too.  They also had live bands and magicians and other carnival style games that Christian enjoyed.  We all had a lot of fun despite the crazy heat.


Christian can't go to GFV without riding the model T.  We got the depot hack this time which was great because some of the other model T of other styles were  running with the top down.  Too hot for that!

The driver looks so sad here, but it's because he thought the picture was already done.  The guy taking a picture was terrible and kept making videos rather than taking a picture. 







I wish we could have gotten  pictures of the band and magician.  They were absolutely fabulous.  The band called themselves a "hobo band."  They wore ratty clothes and had all sorts of hobo-style props.  Their song were all about trains and riding the rails as hobos.  They were a lot of fun. At one point Christian leans over to me and asks, "Do you think they're really hobos?"  That's how convincing they were.  I simply said, "Hobos don't travel the country with expensive sound equipment."

The magician was also amazing.  He was hilarious and had us laughing constantly and we were stumped on every trick.  In fact, I made sure it was my dollar he ripped up for the trick that so many magicians do.  I knew exactly what it looked like and I watched that girl rip it in half.  Yet, when he returned it to me, there's wasn't a mark on it!!  It was 100% perfect.  I was speechless. I could have watched him all afternoon.

While we were there, Bella was camping with the scouts and Kelly and Benjamin went motorcycling. There is nothing Kelly likes more than to be motorcycling.  I'm so happy that Benjamin likes it too and it's something they can do together.




No comments: