Wednesday, November 02, 2022

Happy Halloween!

Another trip around the sun for me and another awesome evening of getting candy from the neighbors is in the books.  For my birthday, Kelly and I had takeout lunch together and we babysat a friend's 5 month old, so that was fun.  Nothing like getting to snuggle a little baby and then giving it back when it gets fussy and tired!  Peter had just been recently asking why we don't have a baby at home like so many of his friends, so wish granted!

In the afternoon, Bella invited friends over for Halloween and the girls had fun eating and playing video games until we all went trick-or-treating.  I drove them to a nearby neighborhood and the girls went one way and Peter, Christian, and I went another.  (Benjamin went to a friend's house for a movie.)  Peter doesn't remember last year, so it was new to him and he LOVED it.  The whole concept of everyone giving you candy just for saying Trick-or-Treat blew his mind.  "I LOVE Halloween!!" he screamed after the first house.  He went as ironman for actual Halloween and the church's trunk-or-treat and as a Ninja Turtle to his preschool Halloween party because he just couldn't decide.  I liked the turtle better, but he liked the muscles he had in the ironman suit.  We lost the mask way back when it was Benjamin's ironman costume, but Peter didn't care and so I saved money this year on costumes.  Christian was Tigger and Bella was Perry the Platypus.





A pretty typical Halloween for a mom, but now I have new slippers for the cold winter and new airpods which Kelly so lovingly bought me but which I'll probably never use.  I like my old pair still so I think I'll save them and use them as a gift for one of the kids in the future.

Sunday we did our pumpkin carving.  Bella and I carved together and I completely forgot to take a picture.  Then she left and Christian came and wanted to carve.  Finally I remembered to take a picture.  With Peter and Christian involved, it quickly devolved into a pumpkin schlop fight.  They were throwing it back and forth at each other to the point that I had pumpkin guts across my whole house, floor to ceiling, on walls, cupboards and in drawers.   It was a ton of fun, and sure to become a yearly tradition, but next year, we're doing it OUTSIDE!  I was still finding pumpkin innards days later.








No comments: