Thursday, November 10, 2022

Same old Same old

 I feel like right now there's little to blog about.  Mostly just school, piano, soccer, etc.  All the usual.  Here are a few cute pictures.

Some of the band members recently posted pics to the band app.  It was fun to see some with Benjamin that I hadn't seen before.  

Drumline antics:



Honor society service project raking neighbors' yards around the school.  He's in the far back middle.  He has chosen not to join any honor societies but his friends are in them and there was pizza, so he went and had a great time.  I love positive peer pressure.


Peter's teacher has an app where she posts pictures she takes in class.  It's always fun to see what he's doing when I'm not in the classroom.




Post Halloween tradition - take all the decoration pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns into the backyard and go crazy smashing them to bits.  Christian loves this tradition.  Seeds and pulp ALL over the place!  The best part is the animal party that ensues all that night as all the neighborhood critters come to devoour all the remains.  I really need to remember to take a before and after photo next year  (and a night vision camera!) because it's astonishing how little is left by morning.  In fact, as I prepared breakfast the next day, I could hear little animals still scurrying around and nibbling in the early morning hours.  




One final cute thing to note - I've noticed a few cute Peter-isms lately. 

How he describes dreaming:  "In the movie that I watched in my head while I was sleeping..."
What he calls hand sanitizer (every time!): "Sand Hanitizer" 
How he describes when a song keeps running through his head: "Can you hear the song my brain is singing?"

I just love this little guy.  He's growing and learning so much!  He's really gotten interested in piano too.  He keeps wanting me to teach him songs.  He still lacks much of the fine motor coordination needed to actually learn to play, so we just work on rhythms and simple basics, but it's so fun to share music with him.  He loves to listen to the others practice.  "I want to listen to the beautiful music" he'll say as he lays down on the couch.  I hope he always loves music as much as his siblings do.




No comments: