Saturday, June 16, 2007

You Win Some, You Lose Some

Good news first. Benjamin and I and several other moms/kids went to the water park on Friday. It was a wonderful day and perfect for the hot weather. It was cute to see how interested Benjamin was in everything and he did pretty well in the water, despite how cold and forceful it was. If only he could keep those shorts from falling off his cute little bum! :) We'll defintely be going there more in the future.



Benjamin didn't enjoy the water that he wasn't expecting, though. :)



The day left Benjamin tired, but in a very good mood.


Okay, now for the bad news. In the last month, I've managed to smash both of our cars. The first one I thought was so awful and I was so sad about it. Then I smashed the second and the first no longer seemed so bad! ;) Here's the first:



You almost can't even see it in the picture. The doors are smashed in and so the center panel juts out. It seemed so dramatic at the time and truly, it's worse in person, but then the next accident happened today and it put things in perspective. Here's the second:




There's some piece of something (forgive my automotive ignorance) that is bent outward and jutting off, there's now tape holding the hood down and the side panel in place, and yes, that's the windshield washer fluid container you can see from the outside of my car! That's not good. From the front it looks like a one-eyed pirate car. I'll never forget the sight of my headlight flying across the street and the shower of pieces as a subsequent car smashed it to smitherines. Although I think it's dwarfed by the memory of the sound of the crunch of my front end smashing into that cadillac. My first accident with a moving car in all my 14 years of driving. I guess my aim is improving - I'm now hitting moving targets! But, oh how I miss the days of hitting curbs and construction barrels. (The first accident was with a tree, by the way.) Alas, our house payment is no longer our only financial concern. Now I have the repair costs as well as the increased insurance premiums. As an added bonus, I get to spend the week stranded at home with a stir-crazy kid while it gets repaired. The real kicker though is that it happened on the way home from the temple!!! That's not supposed to happen! Well, I'm just warning all of you, steer clear, I'm on a bad streak here. Luckily no one has been hurt...yet.

2 comments:

Than and Erica said...

I'm so sorry about your two accidents, but you did provide me with great laugh. Seriously--what are the chances of two wrecks in two different cars in the same month?!?!? You're amazing! I hope things look up for you next month. :)

K and M said...

I'm definitely one of a kind. I'm just lucky I'm married to a very patient man.