Saturday, January 03, 2009

Santa Claus! Ho Ho Ho!

Despite my best efforts to keep Christmas as Christ-centered as possible, Benjamin found Santa every where he looked. Every gift bag, ornament, and store display elicited a "Santa Claus! Ho Ho Ho!" from him. We had a wonderful Christmas season this year, though, and a wonderful trip to Utah. It was the first year that Benjamin actually comprehended the idea of the holiday and it was so fun to celebrate with him. I feel completely overwhelmed by the idea of writing about everything we did. Plus, I realize now that I neglected to take pictures at nearly half of the coolest things, so I'm just going to post some pictures of the highlights - time with family mostly - and keep the comments brief. It's what everyone wants anyway, right?

My kids love their Grandparents!





And they love their cousins!





And Benjamin loves anything that can be called a train. We rode the train at the airport, trax in SLC, and the "train" (really just a truck with trailers made to look like a train - but Benjamin bought it) at the Pioneer Village (This is the Place State Park). The only time I remembered to take a picture was at the last place.


On to 2009!

4 comments:

Than and Erica said...

I have to admit it....I cheered for the U. It's true. I was actually very happy when they won (only for the benefit of the mountain west of course.) :) I thought you'd like that. I also like your short hair. Has it been that way for a while and I just haven't noticed?

Loni said...

Glad you had a nice Christmas in Utah. The pictures with Benjamin and his cousins are so cute!

T and B said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I totally understand what you mean about Benjamin loving Santa no matter how much you tried to focus on Christ. Martha was the same way. In the middle of Sacrament meeting the week before Christmas she kept calling out for Santa because she remembered seeing him at the ward Christmas party a week before. Even though she liked to look at him AND talk about him, she was still terrified to sit on his lap.

Your kids are getting so big. Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you and Benjamin! I like the way he walked outside MEB by himself; his hands were in his pockets and he looked very serious as if he was thinking deeply, like a philosopher. You also look radiant and great! So I guess the motherhood really suits you! With best wishes.