Wednesday, February 11, 2009

True Michiganders


How do you know when you've adjusted to life in Michigan? You squeal with delight when the temperature reaches 50 degrees and you rush the kids to the playground despite mud and snow. Most would still say that's too cold or yucky, but it felt downright balmy outside to me! I dressed Benjamin in his grubbies and off we went. So much fun! We came back soaked to our knees from the puddles, but we ran around outside for the first time in months without snowpants and boots. Yipee! I'm ready for spring. Too bad there's snow in the forecast for tomorrow!


4 comments:

Loni said...

Looks like fun! I can't wait to get my kids to the park!

Tara G. said...

I was so happy to see it reach 58!!! Can't wait for the Spring too.

Than and Erica said...

The other day I thought about how nice it was outside and took the kids for a walk. When I walked by the school, it said it was 43 degrees. It's funny what you'll do to get outside in the winter!

AJ said...

That's so funny because that is just what I did yesterday. I came home from running errands and made everyone get ready and go to the park because it was so beautiful! My bulbs are coming up, that means it should be spring right? I'm ready!