Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Blind Leading the Blind


I was cooking last night while Benjamin and Isabella played together and I over heard this:

BENJAMIN: Say Mama!
BELLA: Mama
BENJAMIN: Good! Try again. Mama.
BELLA: Mama.
BENJAMIN: Yay Bella! Good job! Say it again. Mama.
BELLA: Mama.

How cute is that? My little boy who just barely started speaking himself is already trying to teach his sister. He better watch out or she might catch up with him. :) I've noticed that he's always so happy for her when she accomplishes something. This morning she went down the stairs by herself while I was out of the room and I only knew she did it because I heard Benjamin cheering and congratulating her at the bottom and then he yelled out, "Mom! Bella down stairs all by herself!" He'll also repeatedly point out to me when she's standing or walking along something. "Look! Bella standing! Look mom!" So cute. Almost makes up for all the times he rips away the very thing she's pulling herself up on because it's "mine!"

3 comments:

Tara G. said...

That is really sweet! Glad they get along so well...you'll have to give me some tips. Maya doesn't like her brother anymore! Cute pictures on the side by the way.

Megan said...

They are both so adorable!

T and B said...

You have such sweet children. I can't believe that Bella will be one soon. Where did that year go?