Sunday, January 10, 2010

Announcement

Now that both sides of our family are aware, I finally get to post this picture.


We're excited to announce that we're expecting our third child on August 14th (our wedding anniversary). That puts me at 9 weeks right now and deep in the the throes of morning sickness (although it always hits at night) and overly-hormonal weepiness. So if you catch me sobbing at odd moments or every time I watch Oprah, you know why.

Bella is unaware of what's going on, although she was the only one with me when I took the pregnancy test and started jumping up and down and laughing. Benjamin, however, is excited about a new baby in the house, as long as we name it Lucas. I told him the names we're thinking of and asked if he liked them and he said, "sort of." So I asked him what name he wanted and he firmly and immediately replied, "Lucas. How about we name him Lucas? I like that name." Kelly and I aren't so sure. We really like the name, but there are a few too many boys named Lucas in our life already. We'll see if Benjamin's strong will wins out or if his fickle 3 year old desires come around to our side in the end.

11 comments:

Erin said...

Congratulations! I'm curious what Benjamin would name the baby if it's a girl?? Hope the morning sickness doesn't last long. We're excited for you guys!

Than and Erica said...

I can't believe you're having a third baby!!! Congratulations!!! Did you ever think you'd have three kids?!?! Three is totally more busy, but more fun too. Hope you feel better soon.

Megan said...

Congratulations! I hope the morning sickness (why do they call it morning sickness? I know very few people that were only sick in the morning) passes quickly!!

Tara G. said...

I knew it! For some reason I had a feeling...hehe, so excited for you. You are going to be one busy lady! Good luck with everything and hope you can feel better soon. Feel free to drop the kids off whenever you need to rest. I'm sure Maya would love to play "getting married" with Benjamin.

Loni said...

Congratulations! I love the name Lucas! And I hope you are feeling better soon, for me it is just a waiting game. Once I get so far along I'm happy as a clam. We are excited for you guys!

Unknown said...

I only know of two boys named Lucas....my 6 year old and a 2 year old boy that I hear is mother calling him when i take Sofia to dance. I guess Lucas is a popular name in Michigan :)

August 14, eh? What's with you and summer babies? Congratulations Michelle and Kelly!

Carla Geddes said...

OH WOW... so exciting. Congratulations... Oh I wish I was going to be there when little one is born etc, and I wish I could be there to help with your 2 busy bodies while you survive the next 7 months. With all my friends getting pregnant and having babies, I am getting sooo broody, but I am so not ready for #2 yet. LOL. Patience, Carla, Patience.
Missing you.
Oh, I bought you some South African rooibos tea. I will mail it to you when I get home. It's safe to drink while pregnant, in case you weren't sure. Hope you enjoy it.

Travis, Kassie, Ellie and Haven said...

Congrats Michelle!! Hope you get feeling better.

T and B said...

Congratulations! We are very excited for you. Take care of yourself.

The Bennett's Tall Tales and True Stories said...

Congratulations!!!! So, so excited for you guys. Hope you are feeling better soon. BIG HUGS!

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

Congratulations! how fun for your family. I hope the sick stage goes by fast, that is the worst. I can't wait to hear what your having and all the prego updates.