Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Milestones

Benjamin just keeps growing up. He entered the Sunbeam class on Sunday in church. He was so excited. He's in primary now! I finally get to see my little boy in the primary programs and help him with talks! Wow! I worried that Bella would be upset in nursery without him, but she seemed completely unaffected. She even walked herself in there because I was busy finding out to which room Benjamin was supposed to go.

Then he celebrated his 3 and 1/2 birthday at school yesterday. Since all summer birthdays would miss a school celebration, the teachers let those kids have 1/2 birthday parties. So, I had to be very clear that it was not his 4th birthday, but rather his 1/2 birthday, so he wouldn't get too confused. (Of course, he still pointed to various toys at the store that day and said I should buy them for his birthday and mentioned to several strangers we passed that it was his birthday.) He had a great time, though. I got to stay for part of circle time during which the teacher presented him with a crown and let him put candles on a felt board cake. Then he sat on her lap while the class sung Happy Birthday and all the kids tried to blow the teacher over while she held the cake in front of her.



Lucky me also got to bring the snack for the whole class. And of course, being me, it wasn't cookies or cupcakes, it was blueberry muffins and cheese cubes. But I have to say, there were several cries of "I love muffins!" when the kids heard. And one cry of "I love cheese!" which was Benjamin. (And of course, one cry of, "I can't eat muffins or cheese!" from the kid with an allergy to gluten, dairy, and all types of nuts. I am so happy my kids are allergy free!!) Benjamin really loves his school and apparently so does Bella! She had come with me and was so devastated when we left after the birthday portion of the day was over. She screamed and cried to be let back in and even started to pound on the door crying, "School! Go school!" (Of course it sounded like "Go Shoo.") Who wouldn't love a room full of brand new toys, food, and your cool older brother?

2 comments:

Carla Geddes said...

LOL, Jake and I had a good chuckle at the, "I can't eat muffins or cheese" heard from the kid with all the allergies. Poor thing. I am so glad that so far it seems Luke is allergy free too... though he does seem to be a bit sensitive to dairy, which makes him throw up...so yogurt etc will have to wait a while longer. Hope you are well. :D

Matthew Harline Lyman said...

It was good to see Miss Beth we love Miss Beth. What a great Pre-school. Love Michigan. Benjamin is getting so big.
Rosemary