Wednesday, July 27, 2011

He's Got it Down

I absolutely love watching my kids learn new things. Their excitement is contagious and their smiles at that moment are so adorable. This week something clicked for Christian and he has figured out how to go down the stairs. He's been going up for weeks and could go down if I got him started, but he'd always try to go head first if I didn't turn him around. This week, without any prompting, he went to the stairs, turned around and went down without trouble. He was so proud of himself! You could see it in his face. I was so happy for him. I finally managed to catch it on video today. Of course, I forgot to button his outfit so he looks a bit funny, but just ignore that part.


I'm so proud of my little boy. He is growing so fast. He wants to walk so badly. He never wants me to set him down on his bottom. Whenever I try to set him down, he straightens his legs so I have to hold his hands and walk him around the room. He will often try to let go of something and turn to something else without falling, but independent steps haven't come yet. He is so close, though. I'm sure he'll be walking very soon. I can't wait to see it. He is so incredibly cute, I could stare at him all day. What a blessing he is. He eats great, sleeps great (no longer screams himself to sleep), and is almost always happy. What more can you ask for in a baby?

No comments: