Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sleeping Beauty

She may have officially stopped napping, but as we learned with Benjamin, that doesn't mean there aren't days when she really could use one. We restarted gymnastics today and it wore her out. There was only one other kid in her class so she didn't have much down time watching other people and she worked very hard to impress her new teacher. When we got home she was clearly exhausted but refused to take a nap now that she's a big girl who no longer naps. So, not 30 minutes later, I came out of my room to find this:



She'd put on her princess dress and laid down by my door to wait for me to come out. I hadn't been in there 2 minutes, but it was long enough. She slept peacefully there for an hour until Christian woke up from his nap and the darn creaky floor woke her up as I tried to step past her to get him. It brought back memories of those days when Benjamin crashed in nearly the exact same spot (and on the stairs, and on the floor of his room, etc. etc.) Such funny kids. Why do my kids fight sleep so hard?!

No comments: